Many people came out saying that it wasn't the best adaption, as they got many parts wrong, skipped events and added new ones, however this did not matter to me. As it says in the beginning it is based on the book, not a copy of the book. I'm sure you all know the idea of Divergent, but if not, here is a quick idea: Divergent is set in a futuristic Chicago, where in order to keep the peace, the society is separated into six factions, each with their own value. In a world where everyone fits somewhere, Tris finds herself unable to trust anyone, and with nowhere where she will truly belong.
I found the factions where presented very clearly in the film and the setting was narrated in such away people who hadn't previously read the books where able to follow along without a problem (this isn't always the way with book to movie adaptations!). I thought that Shailene Woodley and Theo James (Four Eaton) fitted the roles perfectly.
The acting was perfect, and I came out feeling like I was in their world. Four and Tris's relationship was not built up as much in the film as it was in the book, and Tris wasn't as 'small and underdeveloped' as Veronica Roth described her, but these were my only complaints.
I left the cinema in tears (no one else in the cinema was crying) but this wasn't because it was sad; rather that the world I had been reading about for months suddenly seemed real on the next level and also the ending was PERFECT.
If you haven't already read the books/seen the film I would urge you to do it..


No comments:
Post a Comment